Are you determined to buy SIP Panels? Do not act rashly and do not be tempted by the low price.
Are you determined to buy SIP panels?
Do not act rashly and do not be tempted by the low price.
Before you make a SIP or H-Block decision, check with the manufacturer / supplier:
· THICKNESS OF THE OSB BOARD. In most "cheap" SIP polystyrene panels, the OSB board is 10-12 mm thick.
The thickness of the OSB board in H-Block panels is 15mm.
· OSB BOARD GRADE. In most "cheap" SIP polystyrene panels, the OSB board has no markings and is of unknown origin.
In H-Block panels, we use Egger OSB3 boards as standard, which can be used in high humidity conditions.
· POLYSTYRENE DENSITY, which should not be less than 25-30 kg / m3. If it has less, it means that it contains more than 15% of waste (polystyrene dust) and is not suitable for gluing in SIP boards.
In H-Block panels we use PUR foam, which is homogeneous and with a density of 40-42 kg / m3
· ADHESIVE, with which the OSB is glued to the polystyrene. It should be dedicated to gluing wood with polystyrene and (most often) polyurethane, one-component, moisture-cured.
In H-Block panels, we do not glue polyurethane with OSB boards. Instead, we combine these two materials in a press under a pressure of not less than 30 tons and a joint density of 400-600 kg/m3, creating a monolithic combination of PUR core foam and OSB cladding.
· PERCENTAGE OF THE AREA ADHESIVE TO OSB STYROFOAM, which should be as close as possible to 100% and very much depends on the method of application (roller application, spraying).
In H-Block panels, due to the lack of the gluing process and replacing it with a filling with expanding PUR foam, the filling is always 100%.
· METHOD OF ADHESIVE STYROFOAM TO OSB, which should be technologically supported by closing the glued SIP polystyrene board in a pressure press. Inaccuracy of gluing - due to the use of the wrong glue, uneven distribution of the glue or through underpressure of OSB to the polystyrene - may cause delamination of the board, and thus a construction failure during the building's operation. Water vapor condensation may also occur in non-sticky spaces.
In H-Block panels, the OSB board forms the walls of the mold into which the foam is injected, and the mold is closed in the press. Thus, there is no weakening of the connection between OSB and PUR foam. There are also no air spaces in which condensation could occur.
· HOW MUCH TIMBER WILL YOU USE for the connection of non-structural SIP Styrofoam Panels. Wooden construction fasteners should be used at the joints (the panels are only protective)
In our system, the use of the H-Block web and the connection to a foreign tongue with the LHB connector (with PUR foam filling) results in the creation of a structural post and elimination of wood. In this way, two functions are combined in one connection.
· APPLICATION OF WOODEN POSTS. In the construction documentation for a building made of SIP polystyrene panels, the use of wooden posts in connections with a foreign tongue should be planned. Replacing the wood in the connection of polystyrene panels with a polystyrene connector for a foreign tongue structurally weakens the walls, because it tries to make a structural panel (such as H-Block) from the cladding panel (such as the Styrofoam SIP), which is inconsistent with the art of construction and the purpose of this material.
H-Block panels are always sold based on a structural design that minimizes the use of wood, limiting it to sills, caps, corners and boundaries of openings.
· DO YOU PAY FOR A NET PANEL OR WITH WASTE. SIP polystyrene panels require cutting to size (they are produced in 1.25 m wide modules), so they are often cut at the construction site. In the H-Block system, panels are manufactured to size, waste-free.
· HOW MANY YEARS WARRANTY do you get from the manufacturer of SIP polystyrene panels. In most cases, for SIP Panels, you will get a one-year warranty, which is absurd from the perspective of the building's lifetime and statutory warranty for construction works (5 years).
Our system is guaranteed for delamination for up to 20 years.
· WHAT THICKNESS do the SIP polystyrene panels have at a given heat transfer coefficient. Typically, SIP panels do not exceed 20 cm in thickness, which means U = 0.19 W / m2 K with a thermal conductivity coefficient of λ of polystyrene = 0.04 W / (m K)
Our system H-Block panel of the same thickness has a coefficient of U = 0.10 W / m2K with a thermal conductivity coefficient of λ of PUR foam = 0.023 W / (m K)